Sunday, March 25, 2018

Ideas surrounding symbolism

03/20

As I write the script for the intro, I have started looking into some possible motifs and symbols that can foreshadow the events that will transpire throughout the introduction. For one, I have begun to incorporate substances such as tobacco as a symbol for the risk of death in its presence. For example, given that the conflict begins through the friendship with a boy who is known for being a bad influence, cigarettes are present when the lead character complains about having to deal with his second hand smoke. This then prompts the friend to say something along the lines of "keep hanging out with me and you just might end up dead." This would serve as the first indication of the risk that comes with being his friend, as he ultimately is the reason for the police officers to be involved.

The second symbol I wanted to incorporate was milk. Milk is symbolic of many things, for example it can be connected to innocence, purity, childhood and many other things. However, it also becomes interesting when a villain of sorts is seen drinking milk as it becomes uncomfortable. 

For a further, in depth explanation of this, you can see a video here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

FILM INTRO

04/14 Below is the intro we have filmed. (Edit: During editing Carlos mistakenly put my name is Andres Pradilla when my last name is actu...