Sunday, March 4, 2018

Genre Research

03/02

     As I had mentioned in my previous post, my group and I had decided that creating a drama based on a fictional death of an African American man at the hands of a police officer would greatly work to capture the attention of our intended audience. For this reason, I have looked into the types of dramas and how we can use specific trends to appeal to the audience. I have found that crime dramas and biographical dramas are mostly used when referring to this type of story. These types of dramas largely appeal to the elements of the law enforcement, corruption, and the suspense or tragic death of a character. This also aids in reinforcing the severity of the topic and allows the themes of the film to become deeper intertwined with the tone. I have also attached an article that describes how to write a dramatic production, including everything from dialogue techniques and its effect on mood. This article can be found here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

FILM INTRO

04/14 Below is the intro we have filmed. (Edit: During editing Carlos mistakenly put my name is Andres Pradilla when my last name is actu...